Write by the Rails was born August 8, 2011 when a group of motivated writers, organized by community advocate, Prince William Arts Council member and writer Cindy Brookshire, met to brainstorm ways to get Prince William County/Manassas/Manassas Park writers more exposure.
That year, the group
- held three networking meetings at area restaurants;
- started a Facebook group page and email distribution list;
- got the word out about Write by the Rails through local newspapers, online news sites and blogs;
- led a “What motivates you?” literary panel discussion at Trinity Episcopal Church, Manassas;
- held a multi-author book signing at La Grange Winery, Haymarket;
- held a multi-author book signing at the Manassas Neighborhood Conference;
- had a table and book signings at the Arts Alive! festival sponsored by the Prince William County Arts Council.
Since then our membership has swelled and our involvement with the creative community of Prince William County has energized its writers, students and community leaders to bring attention to the literary arts. After three years, our mission remains the same to bring as much exposure to the authors of the Prince William region and support the once sleeping artistic base living, working and playing within its borders.
We invite you to come meet with us and take a look at what we have been up to in recent years.
Our monthly meetings are open to the public, we meet every third Thursday at Trinity Episcopal Church, 9325 West Street, Manassas, VA 20110, USA
Interested in becoming a member of Write by the Rails? For more information click here.